Monday, October 30, 2006

Well that was a pretty average weekend...

I was really looking forward to Celia's party on Saturday night - it was a nice day during the day and seen as I am feeling pretty unfit right now Rich and I decided to go for a walk - and even though I didn't think it was particulary sunny - I got sunburn and I think sunstroke. When I came home I had a bit of a headache so decided to have a bit of a rest before the party and I didn't really want to have a headache at the party. When I woke up I had the worst headache ever, my sinus' were hurting and my wisdom teeth hurting and man was I ever sick!! So I couldn't go to the party which I was so bummed about because I hate letting people down and also because I really really wanted to go - I hadn't seen a couple people for a while and I was really looking forward to catching up with everyone. I was just so annoyed at being so sick.

Anyways I think it was sunstroke because I woke up on Sunday morning feeling fine - not that I could actually go and do anything because it rained all day!! I did some fimo, some cross-stitch and also I read and read and read.

In the afternoon we did actually go out and do something, Nankz came and picked us up and we went to Midnight Expresso to have a coffee (well hot chocolate actually) with Nankz & Paul. After coffee it was time to go and watch "Fast Food Nation" as there was a screening for Paul's professional body (he's a dietician). It was a really good movie, and excellent movie, but it was one of those movies that made you just realise basically how f*cked everything in the world is. The worst scene was the butchery "Kill Floor" scene at the very end - most of which I just couldn't even bring myself to watch because it was just so disgusting (this coming from someone who can watch hours of zombie/horror flicks) and it made me so glad that it has been years I have eaten beef (or pork or lamb) although it made me question the fact that I am eating chicken and fish and made me think maybe I could go full vego - because I don't think that chicken's in fact get treated much better than cows.

Anyways - enough from me - I have to get ready for work - and I have to go to the dentist today (joy!).

No comments: