Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A bit of what I've been up to lately

So my blogging has been a bit slack lately - just seem to be very short of time:( Anyways here's a few lines about what I've been up to lately.

Last Wednesday Rich and I had a bit of a night out - the old dinner and movie thing. So we headed over to Electric Avenue for dinner, I'd never had dinner there before but it was really good, I can recommend the vege stack to anyone! Rich had a piece of fish and it was absolutely huge.

Then we went and saw a film at the Human Rights Film festival - I can't remember the name of the film but it focused on the rights of children and young people. I found it particularly interesting as one of the young people in the film was a Japanese teenage who had aspergers syndrome, which is a learning difficulty. It was like the Japanese school system didn't know how to deal with this kid because he wasn't "normal" so they sent him to a special school where a lot of the kids had quite bad disabilities - he clearly didn't belong there and spent most of his time trying to convince his teachers that he should be at a "normal" high school. Which was very sad and a bit strange as I never really thought of my brother as being any different to any other kid.

On Friday night Rich and I decided to do the comedy festival thing and went and saw "Andrew McLellan's Mix Tape" - this show was so hilarous - basically it was this guys love of music with a few jokes thrown in - a perfect comedy show for music geeks like Rich and I. When he was discussing the different types of metal I thought I might fall off my chair or something I was laughing so hard!

On Saturday night we headed over to Donna and Lee's new place in Roseneath for dinner - so we walked from Aro Valley to Roseneath and back!! It was a bit of a hike but worth it - there new flat is great and nice and warm:) Also they made us a really lovely dinner - we will have to return the favour soon...although I don't think I'm as good at cooking as Donna is...but hey it's the thought that counts right?

On Sunday I had my first Muse meeting which was awesome!! An article I wrote is going to be in the next issue which I am very excited about and it was just great to spend some time with some women that are passionate about feminism.

When I arrived home from my meeting I saw Nankz briefly - he had bought over some cake and a little soap to say sorry about Marth which was just lovely. I feel so lucky to have so many great friends that have been there for me in the worst of times.

We now I shall be off - craft club is at mine this week and it's due to start very shortly so I best get off this computer before people start arriving!

No comments: