Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Farewell to my beautiful friend Martha

It is with a very heavy heart that I make this entry in my blog - last night just as I was leaving bookclub I recieved a text message from one of Martha's friends Kellee.

Kellee let me know that Marth passed away last Friday night and was buried yesterday.

I knew Martha had been getting sicker and sicker, she told me she was on some new medication but the doctor wasn't sure if it would work.

I also knew she had lost the feeling in one of her hands and the doctors weren't sure if she would get it back.

But I didn't realise that she was so close to the end of her life.

Martha was a fantastic friend to me and I will always remember her - I will remeber her bubbly personality and her sense of humour.

I will remeber all the beading classes we took together, the shopping trips, the tonnes of postcards she sent me and her beautiful smile.

It will be hard next time I got away on a trip somewhere - as I won't be able to send her a postcard.

It will also be hard next time I go to Auckland as I won't be able to visit her.

She was such a fantastic person - and even though I will miss her heaps and heaps I count myself so fortunate to have been able to have her as part of my life.

I will always remeber Marth when I do my crafts, when I attend art classes and when I run stalls at markets.

This morning when I got up I decided to wear the leather and paua wrist cuff she made me for my birthday a few years back to remeber her.

I will always remeber her as being a really good friend and as one of the people who has shaped my life and made me who I am.

Farewell my beautiful Martha.


No comments: