Saturday, March 29, 2008

Kat's Easter Egg Hunt

On Easter Friday my friend Kat had a pot luck lunch and easter egg hunt at her place. As a lot of you know I've put on a bit of weight recently with my health problems rearing their ugly head again so I've been back on Weight Watchers.

I was wondering what sweet and easter-like thing I could take to the party without it making me put on a whole bunch of weight in one sitting!

I have recently started buying this magazine called the "Healthy Food Guide" and in one of the issues they had a recipe for mini cupcakes called "Big Fat Zero Cupcakes" - as long as you make these babies as mini's they work out to only 1 point each with worked out well for me:)

Here's the recipe if you'd like to try them out:

BIG FAT ZERO CUPCAKES
Makes 36 Mini Cupcakes

You will need:

Small Paper Patty Cases
3 Eggs
1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
3/4 Cup Plain Flour
1 Tablespoon Boiling Water
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence

Preheat the Oven to 180C

Use mixer to beat the sugar and eggs together until pale and thick. The mixture should leave a trail when you lift the beater out and will nearly treble in size. Allow 5-8 Minutes depending on how powerful your beater is. Using a metal spoon, fold in half the flowe. When that is incorporated, fold in the remaining flour. Lastly add the hot water and vanilla.

Spoon the mixture into the prepared patty cases and bake 10-15 minutes or until golden and springy when gently pressed.

Allow to cool before icing.

By the way - I decided not to take part in the Easter Egg hunt (if I hunted them - I'd only eat them) but Rich managed to hunt down a few.

I actually asked for no eggs at easter which worked well - as Rich bought me Flight of the Concords on DVD instead as I asked for something which would make me laugh. So I am enjoying my Easter present still where as if I'd had been given eggs they would have long been eaten by now!

No comments: