Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nice things from nice friends

So as many people knows, my health isn't too good at the moment, I'm waiting for the (incredibly slow moving) hospital to give me a ring/letter to let me know that it's time for the operation I badly need.

But whilst I am waiting - life can be pretty hard at times. So I was pretty stoked when I came home from work yesterday to find a package from my friend Carolyn with a little card and pocket mirror. Very Cute!
The writing on the front on the card is a bit blurry so you can't read it but it says "If this situation has you thinking of four letter words..." Oh if you only knew how many four lettered words came out of my mouth about this situation you would be horrified kitty cat.

My friend Ange has also offered me some advice on fighting the nausea that my medication causes (Ange is pregnant so should know a thing or two about curing nausea) - her advice - Peppermint tea and ginger nuts. She even bought me over some of her own stash of very nice and very fresh peppermint tea.

Also my lovely friends Nat and Fiona are helping me plan a day of "Lovely Things" at the start of April to take my mind off all the unpleasantness and give me something to look forward too. So far we have scheduled for the day Brunch (homemade pancakes/waffles & fresh fruit & mocktails), soy candle making, facials (as instructed by Fiona), a clothes swap (with cupcakes), make-overs (and possible photo shoot with Nat) and finally dinner out and maybe a show if there is something worthwhile watching.

No comments: