Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Simon's Birthday Cookies

A couple of Friday's back it was my friend Simon's birthday drinks - but I couldn't make it along as I had a phone interview. So to make it up to him I decided to bake him some soft American style biscuits. Here's the results!

The recipe I used was one I received in a craft swap and it was for an extraordinarly large amount of cookies (approximately 100!). I decided to half the recipe as I thought 100 cookies was a few too many cookies for one man.

Here's the recipe I used to make the cookies (the original not the half version)

SOFT & CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 Cups White Sugar
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Pound Butter
4 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
2 Teaspoon Vanilla
4 Cups Flour
5 Cups Rolled Oats
2 Cups Chocolate Chips

Cream together butter and sugar

Add eggs and beat well

Add salt, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla and mix together.

Stir in flour and rolled oats.

Add chocolate chips.

Place dough on baking tray in golf ball sized rounds and flatten.

Bake for 6 minutes on 400 degrees Fahrenheit (which I think from memory is nearly 200 Celsius).

DO NOT OVER BAKE!

Let cool slightly before removing from baking tray.

No comments: