Thursday, July 08, 2010

Dobongsan Hike

Last Sunday Rich and I decided to go hiking on Mt Dobongsan, although I have to admit I didn't really know what I was getting myself into.

I've done quite a bit of hiking and day walking back home in New Zealand, however, New Zealand has a pretty mild climate. I'm used to walking on relatively cool days with plenty of breeze. Last Sunday was really HOT for me - around 30 degrees! We drank a lot of water during the hike.

Also this hike was a lot more rocky than I'm used too - sure we have a lot of mountains in New Zealand but they generally the incline isn't that bad when you go hiking in the mountains.

However, this hike was very vertical and there was a lot of scrambling over rocks rather than actually hiking as well as pulling yourself up cliff faces with ropes or metal handrails.

It was a pretty hard hike and actually in many parts more of a climb than a hike which isn't my thing - I prefer walking!

But, it is quite beautiful (although I didn't fully appreciate it at the time) and we got to see an amazing Buddist temple at Mangwolsa.





























No comments: