Thursday, March 31, 2011

Embriodered Cards

Recently I blogged about the rather awesome Stitchable Stationary set I had picked up from Iko Iko. I have now finished all six cards - they really didn't take long to complete and it was kind of fun to make them. I'm now thinking of making up some cards with my own designs. I thought that it would also be fun to stitch onto coloured card.

I really like all these designs but my absolute favourite would have to be the Russian doll - but thats because I've always loved Russian dolls and I would love to own a beautiful set of the real thing one day. Maybe when I pay a visit to Russia in the future - its on my list of places to go.

I have already sent one of these cards off to a friend - so I hope she likes it a lot. As for the rest - they will go to friends and family over the next little while and hopefully be loved.






6 comments:

Meghan Edge said...

The Russian Doll is my fave, too. I adore those- I want to put one on a tee shirt. ^_^

cb said...

i love the bird one! you did a fantastic job and they turned out so well! i have never embroidered on paper before! might try it out and maybe make some bike ones!

xo,
cb

What Sadie Did said...

Ahh wow, I love the Russian doll too (I bought some fab Russian dolls a few years ago from a Russian market in Poland - they were like about 3pound or something ridiculous like that!).

I also love the 'hello' one and the bird one. Good idea to try your own designs, I sense a robot coming on?!

:)

Trees said...

Thank you all for your kind words - I am now on the hunt for some appropriate cardstock.

Sadie - A robot is a brilliant idea:D

Anonymous said...

Ooh, these are really pretty :)

Karen's Stitchography said...

Strangely enough, I bought these cards in Ballantynes Chch, the weekend before the Feb quake, so while I've stitched most of them, i am really reluctant to give them away. def cool idea