Sunday, August 14, 2011

Instax Sunday - Cupcakes

The weather this Sunday has been a total shocker - raining and cold - we went to get our fruit and vegetables at the Sunday morning market and it wasn't a whole lot of fun.But it is the perfect day for baking - earlier this week I decided I wanted to do a trial run of my cupcake recipe for the Wellington Bake Club finals. After I had completed my first batch and decorated them I decided to take a photo with my instax.

But I also decided to take some additional photos of the completed cupcakes.
I also used todays baking session to try out one of my birthday presents. My friend Jess gave me these cute cupcake pans for my birthday, but I just haven't hadn't had a chance to use them.
Here's how the cupcakes in cups came out - they make pretty big cupcakes, but thats ok because cupcakes are awesome. I think I'll have to have a couple of friends over for dinner so we can serve them cupcakes for dessert in these beauties.

5 comments:

What Sadie Did said...

WOW those cupcake containers are fabulous, I love them. And i love your heart icing decoration too. They look delish and very professional - well done!

Sadie x

Julia said...

The wee hearts are adorable!!! Where did you get the cupcake holders?? They're super cute.
Hope you're warm & snug xo

Trees said...

Sadie - Thanks so much for your comment about professionalism! They are for a contest on Thursday (well not these ones - these were just trial ones) here's hoping the judges think they look professional too!

Julia - My friend gave me the cupcake holders for my bithday - too cute don't you think? We are thankfully keeping warm, not too much snow in the central city. The outer suburbs are quite snowy though!

Lisa said...

Those cupcake holders are awesome!!
I'm enjoying scrolling through all your baking endeavours, it's making me hungry!
x

Trees said...

I am glad you're liking all the baking posts :D