Sunday, August 07, 2011

Sewing Saturday - A few photos


So here's a few photos of my sewing Saturday with Ria yesterday - I have the feeling that my first frock will be slow going. I guess that's only natural when you start to learn something new. Ria has a whole bunch of pretty vintage patterns, but this is the one I chose for my first ever dress.

Here's an action shot - cutting out the pattern, actually all I managed to do was cut out pattern. But its baby steps right? The crazy fabric is second hand, I bought it from a fair that Ria and I went to a while ago.

Finally some snacks we had on the day - the nuts/seeds which are soy coated. Amazing!

2 comments:

cb said...

wow i can't wait to see that dress when you are finished! it looks like it is gonna be awesome!
xo,
cb

Trees said...

I do hope it works out perfect!!