Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sunday Walk - Lyall Bay to Island Bay

Last Sunday was a stunning day in Wellington, so we decided to walk from Lyall Bay and Island Bay to get some sunshine and fresh air.


I love this Easter Island statute at Lyall Bay - it was a gift to New Zealand from Chile.
Here's a few photos I took during the walk, it's kind of hard to believe that the weekend before this one we had snow!








When we arrived at Island Bay we found that there was a little aquarium there that neither of us even knew existed! So we stopped off for a look - it was pretty good value as it only cost $1 to visit. My favourite was the octopus - I love the way they move - its like they are from a different world.






Finally here's a few shots I took in Island Bay - the sky was getting a little darker by this stage but it was still a stunner of a day!




2 comments:

Julia said...

You guys always have the coolest weekends!!
I lived there for 2 years and never got to see so many things I wanted too. Never went to Lyall bay, never went to Te Papa, never went up Mount Vic & never went on the cable car.
I know, shame on me!
xo

Trees said...

Julia - If you visit sometime we should get together and do a few of those famous "Wellington" things:D