Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mount Victoria Walk

The weather is starting to get warmer and the days are starting to get longer so Rich and I have decided to make more of an effort to get out and about walking. We are hoping to go for a fairly decent walk at least once each weekend, it will end up being weather dependant of course, but hopefully we can get out and about more.

A couple of weekends ago we decided to start things off easy with a walk to the summit of Mount Victoria (0r Mount Vic as it gets called around here), which to me is actually much more of a hill than a mountain, but that may be due to the fact I grew up seeing this outside my window each morning.

Mount Victoria is right in Wellington city so we don't have to walk very far to reach it - I think I had forgotten how steep it was though.


It does often get a wee bit windy down here in Wellington!



I know I look like miss grumpy with my arms crossed, but I wasn't I promise, it was just really cold at the summit. Lots and lots of cold, cold wind!


7 comments:

Wait Until The Sunset said...

awww lovely photos! :)

Olivia :) x
Wait Until The Sunset

alicia said...

getting warmer??? days longer??? damn you other side of the world! in two weeks it will be dark at 4pm. and then i'll be even more disgruntled than usual!

i never really thought of it, but is it weird that christmas is in your summer? i guess you've never known it not to be, but still... i have so much to learn of your culture!

<3

Vix said...

It's beautiful! What fantastic pictures, I love that flower and the wild grasses and how cool are your sunnies? x

cb said...

we need to start going on more walks too as there are so many places we have yet to explore. these pictures are so pretty and can't wait to see more of your walks!
xo,
cb

Vanessa Mercado said...

sooo beautiful place!!!! you really have good shots, who took the picture? very professional... i so want to go there sometime.. you two are really a lovely couple.. enjoyed your blog..following you now..hope you could visit my blog too... kissess!!!


http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE'S THE LINK--> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

Trees said...

@ Olivia - aww..thanks:)

@ Alicia - Yes! Summer is at Christmas, lots of people go to the beach for summer. I had one winter Christmas, when we lived in Korea. It was kind of cool but a little weird too (although the fact it was winter and not summer was the least weird thing about Christmas in Korea!)

@ Vix -Thanks for your lovely comments and I do have a wee soft spot for sunnies, especially HUGE ones!

@ Cb - Yes, there will be more walks soon - I promise:D

@ Dina - Thanks for your comment - I took most of the photos and Rich took the rest:D

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful place! <3