Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lomo Love

Hello Folks some of you may remember way back in July of last year I bought a Holga Lomography Camera , I decided that I would wait a while before developing the films. This idea was born when I did a photography course last year and the tutor said that he kept some of his films for up to 20 years before he developed it. I really liked that idea - I couldn't wait 20 years though. But I did wait around 6 months before getting my first couple of films developed. Here are a few of my favourites from my first couple of films - all of the photos are taken either here in Wellington or over in Melbourne when I went over to visit last year.
Pretty garden outside a house in Melbourne
Street art in Melbourne
Palais Theatre, St Kilda, Melbourne
Street Art near Rose Street Markets, Melbourne
Walking along the Yarra River, Melbourne
Sculptures vs Buildings - Melbourne
Wellington Waterfront
Near the Wellington Waterfront
Civic Square, Wellington
Yachts at the Wellington Waterfront
Photo taken walking between Oriental Parade and Kilbirnie, Wellington
Government House, Wellington

I really love having film photographs and I love the fisheye and other effects - I love that with lomography you never know what you're going to get. It may not be perfect, but it will be awesome. I am really looking forward to having more photos developed now and I also need a creative way to display them all. A traditional photo album doesn't seem quite right - lomography awesome-ness required more than that.

Finally, I just wanted to let you all know I did an interview over at Miss Peregrins Secrets for Stacey's week long celebration of blogs and blogging - you can check out my interview here. But you should check out Stacey's blog in general for fashion, DIY and general blog fun times!

7 comments:

Vintage Sweetheart said...

Loving these effects! I bought a holga while I was in the US but have been too chicken to use it so far. xx

Julia said...

Gorgeous shots!
I love the effect.
The one of Civic Square is my favourite :)

Unknown said...

They are great! I especially love the Yachts on the Wellington waterfront. Sarah xxx

Curtise said...

Great photos.
I have checked out your interview on Stacey's blog - now you're really famous! xxx

cb said...

ahh i love these!!!! they are so cool! i am very jealous of your fish eye!! thanks for sharing, i am so glad you did!
xo,
cb

Krista said...

These are pretty Fab honey! I love the one at Civic Square because it looks like the moon is in it (have no idea if it is). I bought a Holga too but my pictures came out lame so I am sending it off to the Cazz of Nerd Burger, hopefully she will enjoy it like you do.
LotsofLove
Krista

Wait Until The Sunset said...

gorgeous! these came up great! xx