Sunday, February 10, 2013

Homemakin' : Week Four

I've missed a few weeks of these posts - first of all I went to Auckland and then I went and spend a whole weekend at a sewing course, which left me little time and energy for doing anything house related.

This weekend seemed to go so fast too - but I did manage to find time dig out this pretty lady and finally hang her on the wall.

When Rich and I went home at Christmas, we had the chance to look at some of the "stuff" we put into storage at my parents before we traveled overseas.

We couldn't bring EVERYTHING home - but we managed to stuff two carry on bags full of bits and pieces and amongst these bits and pieces was this pretty Mexican lady. I bought her some years ago from Iko Iko and I always thought she was amazing.

I really wanted to put her near our stove - given that we cook a lot of Mexican food it seemed appropriate. But it really wasn't going to work out, so instead I put her above our calendar in the kitchen. What do you folks think?
We have some cheesy calendar from Typo which includes a whole bunch of different versions of the "Keep Calm and Carry On" thing - obviously this month is Lord of the Rings and there is a Harry Potter month and a Zombie month. To be honest, I'm  not too crazy about it but we didn't get a calendar this Christmas, so I just picked this one up cheap.

I hope you've all had a good weekend - another weekend of stunning sunshine here in Wellington!

7 comments:

Helga said...

Keep calm and destroy the RING!!!! Of COURSE!!! Fecking brillant!
The Mexican lady is rather fab, and she can still keep an eye on you whilst you cook divoon Mexican food! What's your fave thing to make incidentally? I love making enchiladas and I ADORE my slowcooker "refried" beans!
XXXXXXXXX

Curtise said...

Ooh, Mexican Lady is rather fabulous!
Oh all that Keep Calm and... stuff is getting a bit tiresome now, isn't it? Although... And Destroy The Ring is one of the better ones I've seen!
Mexican food, mmmmmm....! xxxxx

Unknown said...

Ahh that mexican lazy really is amazing! Love her!
x, Lara
http://rrv12.blogspot.fi/

Vix said...

I love that creepy Mexican lady! Share a recipe, please! x

Meghan Edge said...

AH I LOVE YOUR KEEP CALM SIGN!! I love that mexican lady, too. You and me are totally soul mates, Trees, I know this. ;-) Definitely kindred spirits.

I think my favorite keep calm so far is an MCR one from danger days- it just says KEEP CALM AND NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA (over and over and over).

Krista said...

Your silver Mexican woman is just gorgeous! Keep calm and keep writing sorry that was cheesy:). I bet if felt good to bring some of your stuff home too.
Xxoo

alicia said...

haha i love the calendar! how appropriate for wellington this month!

i love mexican handicrafts AND mexican food, so i agree that the kitchen is a perfect place to put her!

<3