Sunday, October 13, 2013

Happiness in the mail

Some of you will remeber a few weeks back Ria and I visited the Home Sewn Exhibition at the Dowse Gallery. Whilst there I fell madly and truly in love with the fabulous maxi frock on the right and decided I wanted to make a version of my own. But where would I find the original vintage pattern to make it?

Turns out the pattern will turn up in the mail with absolutely no effort on my part - look what turned up in the mail this week from Ria!
Its a size too small for me - but that's ok, Ria knows all kinds of good sewing stuff from her costuming course so she is going to help me size it up. There aren't heaps of pattern pieces, so it shouldn't be too much drama.
Also she found the most adorable stationary in the world - with some kind of crazy mad hatters tea party illustrations. Thanks so much Ria, I'm SO excited to make this pattern.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, can't wait to see this made by you :) x

Curtise said...

A very elegant dress - are you going to adapt the pattern to make short angel sleeves, like the dress in the exhibition, or stick with long sleeves? Can't wait to see what fabrics you choose, I like rhe contrasting prints of the original myself. xxxx

Vix said...

A gorgeous dress, I can't wait to see it made up in some fabulous fabric! x

Monsterchen said...

ooooh how nice from her! the dress is really a dream and i can´t wait to see your own version!
love and kiss,mary

Helga said...

Well feck me, nice one Ria!!!
Yay, you'll have your very own! Can't wait to see what your version is like.
You'll be pleased to know you've got me inspired to actually FINISH a frcok that's been sitting around for months! I'm trying to suck in some of your sewing mojo!
XXX

Helga said...

Ooo, nice one, Ria! I can't wait to see what your very own version is like!
I think I'm finally sucking up some of your sewing mojo-I'm finally getting down to finishing a frock that's been sitting around for months! XXX

Meghan Edge said...

I can't WAIT to see your version! :-) The one that inspired you is gorgeous.

Sandra said...

What a super cool friend. Looking forward to seeing your dress :-)

JuanitaTortilla said...

When it comes to adorable stationery, I find myself hoarding them and not bringing myself to use it :D

alicia said...

well done ria! i love when things turn up in the mail with absolutely no effort from me!

can't wait to see the finished product! <3

Samantha K said...

Oh neat, I've never seen a dress quit like that one. Are you going to try to use simple pattern fabric?