Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fireworks Fun Times

This weekend has been a busy weekend full of adventures! One of the things Rich and I did this weekend was check out the Guy Fawks display on Saturday night. This year the council decided not to have the Guy Fawks display on the 5th of November, instead they had it on the following Saturday night so more people could check out the display.

This year we decided not to head to the waterfront, but instead headed up to Mount Street near Victoria University. There were less crowds and we still had a really great view of the fireworks.

As always, I still think its pretty weird we continue to celebrate Guy Fawks in New Zealand - but we get to see a fancy fireworks display for free, so I'm not going to get to hung up about it. 









9 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you celebrate Guy Fawks :D Anyway, love fireworks :D x

Unknown said...

I didn't know you celebrate Guy Fawks :D Anyway, love fireworks :D x

Vix said...

The council stopped our town's Diwali/Guy Fawkes bonfire extravaganza about 5 years ago when the recession started to bite. Luckily Liz & Ade throw a free party instead! x

Curtise said...

There aren't any council-run local firework displays here any more, every park used to do one years ago. Luckily our local scout group always do a Bonfire Night, everyone goes! It is a bit strange you have mark Guy Fawkes Night in NZ, but hey, gotta love fireworks, whatever the occasion! xxxx

Helga said...

Ours are always out at Brighton, and are incredibly popular! We had a little session at our friends Si and Nix' on Friday night. Who doesn't love a good bang?! I don;t expect many know that origin of it these days!!! I agree it is weird, though.
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Louise said...

I didn't realize you celebrated Guy Fawkes night in NZ! Learn something new everyday. Pretty photos!

Our local RAF base always puts on a big fireworks display for bonfire night, and I've gone to that one most years since I was little. Although I was too poorly to go this year- which I was a bit gutted about as I love fireworks!

CityScape Skybaby said...

Like nearly everyone else here, I didn't realise NZ celebrated Guy Fawkes night either, that's one of the great things about Blogger I guess, it's educational as well as entertaining! Also, after reading Vix and Curtise's comments, I realise we're quite lucky to still have a council run fireworks display that is free for everyone in Cumbernauld. Your photos are great Trees, my fireworks photos are always terrible. xx

frockandrollonline.com said...

It most definitely *does* happen! Those costumes are amazing, the one with the bananas is hilarious/brilliant!

alicia said...

looks like a typical friday night here in america... lol!