Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Traditions - Christmas Crackers

Last year our friend Diane made us awesome Christmas crackers for Christmas and she did it again this year. So its officially a tradition now - right?
Store bought Christmas Crackers are lame - fact. Christmas Crackers made by Diane are awesome - fact.
You may be wondering what treasures I received in my Christmas Cracker? Well wonder no longer!
So many treasures! A Christmas hat, post it notes that say "I will make this!" (perfect for sewing/craft books), Christmas chocolate, "T" cookie cutter, penguin paperclip/bookmark, tiny ice cream magnet, sparkly cocktail umbrella (pink with snowflakes!), Christmas stickers and a lolly.

Rich's Christmas cracker was a little different to mine - here's what he received from Diane.
Three lollies, kinder chocolate, an "R" cookie cutter, three paper clips (including a cute bear) and some Christmas stickers.
It's Christmas eve here in Wellington (a wild and windy Christmas eve!) so I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas (even if I am a grinch).

5 comments:

Curtise said...

What lovely little gifts in your handmade crackers -definitely a tradition to keep up! Have a good Christmas! xxxx

Vintage Bird Girl said...

Glad to know I'm not the only Grinch....I seem to be saying 'Bah humbug' under my breath all the time. I hope you & Rich have a wonderful Christmas. And fingers crossed I might get to see you in the flesh in 2014! Xx

Louise said...

Aw, how cute are those! They're so lovely and thoughtfully made! I think homemade crackers can be so much nicer than premade, boxed ones (although they still have their charm). Your crackers are giving me ideas for next years already! I think I'm going to look out for awesome little gifts throughout the year for next year's crackers. Hopefully the ones I made will go down a storm tomorrow. I hope you're having a lovely Christmas and are being spoilt rotten! Merry Christmas! xx

Penny-Rose said...

Merry Christmas to you too, hope you and Rich have a lovely day. The personalised crackers are so gorgeous - so much better than the ones with a crap magnifying glass and a lame joke!!

alicia said...

i love those crackers!!! america doesn't have christmas crackers because they're jerks.