Monday, December 09, 2013

Wellington Sewing Bloggers Christmas Picnic

Yesterday was the Wellington Sewing Bloggers end of year meet up - I didn't get many photos of the event itself, but here a photo of the food! You can't say that we don't put on a good spread.
We also had a secret Santa - with a twist, its kind of complicated - but lets just say it was a "bad" secret Santa where you could "steal" others peoples secret Santa packaging.
After much present stealing - I finally ended up with this assortment of goodies. I really had my heart set on having THAT zip because of the cool zipper pull.

We also had a sewing swap - which we have pretty frequently. The swap looked a little like this....
Here's what I picked up from the swap - a whole bunch of awesome patterns. I love them all - which one to sew first?






Finally as it was a sewing bloggers meet up I thought I best make something new to wear - this dress is SUPER simple as I'm pretty low on energy right now. It's the "Staple Dress" by April Rhodes.This is actually a "$5 remnant dress" as I bought the fabric from the remnant table at The Fabric Store!
Rich took a few more up close photos of the dress when I got home from the picnic. I'm not 100% convinced I like it or not? I always over think everything I make though and think its not good enough!
Hope you all have a great week - nearly time for Christmas break - hurrah!

10 comments:

Macska said...

I like your new dress! It's cute, and very 'you'. :-)

Johanna said...

Well I like your dress and think it's good enough! I also overthink things and think they're not good enough. It's such a bad habit. You looked great and your forgotten cookies have not been forgotten by my taste buds! :)

Unknown said...

I love the illustrations on the old patterns :D I think your dress looks cool, maybe you are just too critical? (We all tend to be)
Have a great week ^^ xxx

Vintage Bird Girl said...

What a fun day out....I love the patterns, and the food! I especially love that first one with the collar. Fab frock too, you look gorgeous. Xx

Vix said...

What a fun day out, love the sewing swap and some of those patterns! The dress you made id fabulous, don't be so hard on yourself! x

Helga said...

wHAT A HOOT! i DO LOVE AGOOD PICNIC, AND ONE WITH GOODIES?! eVEN BETTER! lOVE THE FIRST PATTERN WITH THE FUNKY COLLAR! Whoops, sorry about the yelling, let's call it excitement! XXX

Curtise said...

The day out sounds great - love the picnic lunch, though the Bad Secret Santa sounds challenging! Look at all your patterns, so fabulous. And your dress is lovely, you're your own harshest critic, Trees! xxx

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

When you get your mojo back I think you'll have to make the dress with the leaved collar (first pattern) - it's utterly fabulous!!!!! What a feast and a lovely way to celebrate the end of the year with your sewing bloggy mates:). xoxo

Sandra said...

Your dress looks lovely, I like it on you. Oh those wee butterfly buttons, well they are just the cutest - I want those :-)

alicia said...

i want to eat all the picnic snacks! <3