Sunday, May 04, 2014

Me Made May 2014

Hello All - This year I've decided to take part in Me Made May, I would have told you all about it sooner, but broken computer makes for tough blogging times!

me-made-may'14
What is Me Made May 2014 you may ask? Well you can see more details here, but it pretty much means I'm going to wear one item of clothing I made myself every day in May. I was officially meant to sign up before May started, but as the computer died, that just didn't happen.

For MMM 2014 I am planning on wearing ONE item of clothing I have made each day in May - some people are super sewists and can wear a whole MMM outfit, but I'm not there yet, so one item of MMM  clothing is as good as it gets!

Here's my first week (or half week) of MMM creations:

1 MAY
Made By Me - Maudella Dress

Other Stuff - Boots from Avon, Tights from Farmers, Cardi from Glassons and necklace from Rose Street Markets in Melbourne

2 May
Made by Me - Purple Kitty Dress

Other Stuff - Boots bought in Korea, tights - mystery, belt from clothes swap party, cardi given to me by Rich after he shrunk it, ghost necklace from Alicia

3 May
So yesterday I went to Levin on a sewing bloggers road trip and I kind of forgot to take a photo until too later - so you only get this one crappy photo!

Made by Me - Velvet Dress

Other stuff - tights from Equip about a million years ago (actually more like 5 years ago), boots from Avon

4 May
Made by Me - Easter Dress

Other stuff - shoes from Avon, tights from Farmers, belt from clothes swap, op shopped cardi and scarf bought in NYC

So that's my first week of MMM 2014 - not so hard given the first week was only four days! Let's see how things go next week. Hope you all had a great weekend!

7 comments:

two squirrels said...

Oh they are all so fantastic......you are so clever. Stylish and made all by you....perfect.
Love v

Curtise said...

All are gorgeous, Trees, but I think I may plump for the last one as my favourite because of the print. The Mondrian inspired fabric of the first frock is so cool!
I can't imagine ever getting to the stage where I could do a Me Made May (two dresses and a skirt won't get me very far, will they?) but I'm working on it! xxx

Louise said...

They're all amazing, but I think my fave is the purple kitty dress! You look fabulous in all of them, though! xx

Vix said...

What a fantastic start to the month! You are talented. I love them all! x

Sandra said...

What a great start to Me Made May.

Vintage Bird Girl said...

Geez you are so clever T! You make frocks that look fantastic on you. I particularly love the last combo too. Xx

alicia said...

i love the purple cardi/orange tights combo! and obviously the kitty dress and ghost necklace because they remind you of meeeeeee! <3 <3 <3