Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Lovely Club Christmas Lunch

A few weeks back now I got together with my lovely club friends for a Christmas lunch, we originally wanted to go to Arthurs but learnt at the last minute they had shut up shop! Fortunately I found another restaurant, The Arborist  which was delicious!

As it was a Christmas get together I thought I'd make some kind of effort to sort out a Christmas outfit even though I'm not really a Christmas person.
I'm not really loving this dress to be honest - it's OK, but I don't know if I will wear it again. The pattern is from the Sew Serendipity book, the book includes a basic skirt, dress/tunic and jacket pattern and gives you multiple versions of the same pattern showing how you can change them with a few tweaks. I've made another one of these dresses before, my Alicia Dress which I made at the start of 2014 - there must be some kind of link in my brain between sickly sweet prints and this pattern.

Speaking of sickly sweet prints, lets have a better look at the fabric I chose to make the dress. First up those gingerbread houses. This fabric was just a cheap and cheerful quilting cotton from Spotlight. I have to admit I didn't think I'd get any fun Christmas fabric from there, I thought it was just going to be very traditional and dull. So even though I may not be in LOVE with this dress I'm glad I did have the chance to wear gingerbread houses.
The contrast fabric is some extremely cute quilting cotton I've had for a LONG time which I got at a fabric-a-brac. I have been wondering about what I should do with it for the longest time, it was the only fabric that really worked with the gingerbread houses so I finally used it. However I think I originally bought three metres of the stuff, so I still have plenty left over.
I'm not sure there's too much more to say about the dress, I do think I will make another one of these with a better choice of fabric and the fit was a bit off so I think I need to work on that as well.
The lovely club lunch was of course amazing because all of the people in lovely club are amazing - also we had photo booth props so that made everything better. Thanks to my lovely friend Jo for adding the super kawaii stickers to the photos!





Do we have TOO MUCH  fun when we catch up? I don't think so, there's no such thing as too much fun.

5 comments:

Vix said...

That fabric is fabulous, a subtle hint to Xmas without being at all predictable.
You're right, there is no such thing as having too much fun.
Hope you and Rich have an utterly brilliant Xmas. xxx

deeps said...

a lot of details go to such celebrations...
have a fabulous season

Kendy P said...

such cute fabric!

Louise said...

Ah, that fabric is so cute! You always find the best prints. I've bought some xmas photo booth props to use on Christmas Day just like those ones! They look like so much fun. I hope you have a great Christmas and New Year- you deserve it. xx

Kezzie said...

Yep, you had way too much fun! :-)
I really like the embellised photos!