Friday, March 11, 2016

Newtown Fair Anna Dress

Today is definitely feeling like autumn, chilly and windy - I wore my coat for the first time in weeks. Weather changes pretty quickly around here, last Saturday it was the Newtown Fair and it was about a million degrees.
Rich and I went along to the fair with our friend Matt who lives in Newtown - I only ate ice based food all day because it was so hot.


That's right I had gelato, shaved ice and an ice block. The "Mr Pops" ice block was pretty amazing and made in Newtown which is pretty great.

There were all kinds of performances, musicians and general carry on at the fair - it was pretty rad.


I decided to make a maxi dress to wear to the fair and chose the Anna Dress by By Hand London, 
about a million people have made this dress already, and I don't think I can add much more about it! It was pretty easy to make, but next time I make it I think I will make it from a more stable fabric (this stuff was so floaty) and also work on the fit in the bodice a little bit.
 So the fit isn't perfect, but I'm still pretty happy with it! I know this is an easy pattern really but for some reason I kept telly myself it would be "too hard" for some reason.
The fabric cost a total of $3 from an op shop, its not the nicest fabric to wear, but I kind of didn't want to use the "good fabric" the first time I used a new pattern.

Hope you all have a fun weekend, I have another fair to go to tomorrow with Ria and then another one the weekend after that - autumn is the season for fairs it seems!

2 comments:

Vix said...

That fair looks great fun and makes me all excited for this year's UK festival season. Now you've got Autumn surely our Spring can't be far away (she says, ignoring the frost outside).
That maxi dress is gorgeous. xxx

Kezzie said...

The fair looks so cool!!! Your dress is gorgeous too!! I've got some dalek fabric I want to make into a dress but scared to ruin it!!