Thursday, July 28, 2016

Sew 100 Wearable items - Complete!!

I was updating a few blog things today and I realised something, I have now sewn 100 wearable items - well actually 106 wearable items!! He's the full list and links to all the blogged items - go me!

I've read the list and thought I'd choose the five items that are my favourites - its a long list, so it was a tough to decide on only five.

Princess Bubblegum Costume

I think this is the only time I've actually put in an effort to create an actual cosplay costume and I still love it! I also love this cute photo of with Ria (as Fiona) - its mathematical! 
Easter Dress

I made this dress in Easter of 2013 and I still wear it ALL the time, in winter and summer at work and on holiday. Pretty good for a dress made from fabric I picked up for free at a fabric swap!


Mask Print Laurel Dress

There was a time in my life where I was obsessed by the Laurel Dress pattern and I made like a million of them because I've always loved the shift dress silhouette and this pattern fitted my really well. I haven't kept ALL of the Laurel dresses I've made, but this one is still going strong. I love the mask print and always get complimented on how striking it is - all I can say is "why thank you, I made it myself".


Rich's birthday robe

There's no point in denying it, I am a selfish sewist - most of my makes are for me! Or sometimes for small people I know, not for Rich. In fact I've only made him a couple of things, one of them is this rad space robe! I'm still pretty proud of it and it gets a lot of use.


The Vix Dress

This dress had to make it here, because for a dress made from an skirt its had a heck of a lot of wear! I wear this thing everywhere - to the office, in weekends and hiking.
It has also been all over the world with me - Indonesia, The Philippines and Malaysia to name a few. Because a good travel dress is a small dress (that doesn't up much space) made of polyester that dries in about five minutes and never ever needs ironing!


Although I have officially completed my 100 wearable items, I am going to keep sewing of course, and I'm also going to keep a running tally of everything I have made here  because its good to have a visual record of everything I make. Hope you guys liked my top five.

3 comments:

Vix said...

That's one heck of an achievement and if that's a taste of what you've created then I bet every single item is utterly wonderful. Well done! xxx

Louise said...

Well done you! That's an amazing achievement. I wouldn't even have a clue where to start. The Laurel and the Vix dress are especially gorgeous, although Rich's dressing gown look super cosy, too. xx

Kezzie said...

I'm SO amazed you ahve done this!!!! Rich's robe and the Vix dress are my faves!!